Family Engagement Center
Parent and family engagement in Head Start/Early Head Start (HS/EHS) is about building relationships with families that support family well-being, strong relationships between parents and their children, and ongoing learning and development for both parents and children. CFCS uses the Parent, Family, and Community Engagement (PFCE) Framework as a road map to help guide the progress of families and children outcomes that lead to positive and enduring change for all.
7 FAMILY ENGAGEMENT OUTCOMES
- Family Well-being
- Parent-Child Relationships
- Families as Lifelong Educators
- Families as Learners
- Family Engagement in Transitions
- Family Connections to Peers and Community
- Families as Advocates and Leaders
CFCS Inc., strongly encourages parent involvement in their child’s education by asking all parents to partner with us through a pledge and promise to:
- Bring their child to class on time and every day because attendance is key to success.
- Read to their child every night to encourage a love of reading and build their vocabulary.
- Participate in a yearly orientation, parent meetings, home visits, parent and teacher conferences, and center events.
- Make a strong effort to volunteer at last 20 hours during the program year.
- Keep all medical and dental appointments.
Parent Involvement Opportunities include
Program Governance and Committees
- Participate in the Policy Council
- Participate in the Personal Committee
- Participate in the Health Advisory Committee
- Participate in the Parent Education and Training Sessions
- Volunteer in the classroom during daily activities
- Assist with the programs wide Self-assessment and quarterly site monitoring
- Classroom clean up and center maintenance
- Parent Bulletin Board
- Help teachers prepare for classroom projects
- Participate in the Families Reading Every Day program
Contact your Family Support Services Worker/ Home Visitor or your child's classroom to learn about the ways you can become involved!